(11/05/21 @ 9:00 am)
To ensure the safety of all participants, all event attendees will be required to comply with any Covid-19 safety policies applicable to campus visitors that are in effect on event day. Please consult to this page prior to attending any event at the UIS Performing Arts Center.
COVID-19 Requirements for Event Attendees:
The UIS Performing Arts Center is requiring ALL event attendees regardless of age to show ONE of the following prior to admission:
- Proof of a negative Covid-19 test result from a test taken within the two days prior to the event. Please note: at-home style tests are not valid, the test results must indicate name and date of test taken. Testing is not available when you arrive for an event. UIS provides FREE saliva-based Covid-19 testing for all ages (next day results) but a negative result from any valid testing site will do. No appointment necessary, walk-ins are welcome - more information at: uis.edu/uisunitedinsafety/covid-19-saliva-testing
- OR proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including 2 weeks passing since final injection). Please note: children must be FULLY vaccinated or they will need proof of a negative test (see above).
Patrons that are 18 years of age and older will be required to provide a Photo ID when presenting vax card or negative COVID-19 test. Please note that the above requirements apply to ALL attendees including UIS faculty, staff and students.
Face masks (masks that cover the mouth and nose) are required to be worn at all events during periods the CDC designates Sangamon County’s Covid transmission levels as “Substantial/High.”
Additional Covid-19 Safeguards:
- Concession stands are closed until further notice. Personal bottled water is permitted in the venues.
- Airflow in Sangamon Auditorium will be increased during events. Please consider bringing a light jacket or wrap. Use of fresh outside air will be maximized.
- Sangamon Auditorium & UIS Studio Theatre event attendance is at full capacity, all seats are available for sale and social distancing is not guaranteed in the seating areas.
- Access to seating areas will open earlier than usual and patrons are encouraged to move from their transportation to their seats without lingering in the lobby area.
- Valet parking operations are suspended until further notice.
- Contactless ticketing is encouraged. Order tickets online at UISpac.com and you can receive your tickets electronically.
- Event guides and program books previously issued to patrons will not be reused
All attendees should visit this page or call the UIS Ticket Office at (217) 206-6160 48 hours prior to attending any event for updated information.
If any event cannot proceed due to COVID-19 safety measures in force on event day, ticket holders will be offered a full refund.
Events that have been rescheduled are listed on our Upcoming Events Page - all ticket holders should retain their tickets as they will be valid for the newly announced date. We will notify you of changes as they occur, please watch your email. Patrons desiring refunds should contact the UIS Ticket Office at (217) 206-6160.
All UIS Performing Arts Center employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
For further information concerning the University of Illinois Springfield’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, please visit uis.edu/covid-19/.